Excellent long-term high protein cutting ley.
An excellent, high protein cutting ley for 3-4 years with the option to graze.
Hybrid ryegrasses grow at a slightly lower soil temperature and so will continue growing slightly later into the autumn.
Three cuts of high protein forage from LEMMON and TREVVIO red clover can be followed by aftermath grazing which is ideal for finishing lambs or grazing young cattle.
A flexible, productive ley, ideal for maximum production of high protein silage.
- An intensive cutting mix that will produce up to four prolific cuts of leafy forage per year, with the option to graze cattle or finish lambs
- Designed for yield and persistence, combining the yield of the grasses with the additional protein from the red clover, including high yielding TREVVIO
- Animals fed on red clover/grass silage will eat more and perform better than those fed on grass silage alone (although it is not advisable for breeding sheep due to phyto-oestrogen production)
- LEMMON red clover has a high protein content of around 18%, so should improve silage protein content by 2-3%
- 'Fixes' up to 150kg/Ha of Nitrogen meaning it grows with no applications of bagged Nitrogen
- LEMMON is the most persistent variety available
Designed for use in England & Wales