The long-term, low input, high output mixture for beef and sheep systems.
Barmix is a highly persistent, drought tolerant, highly palatable sward that gives excellent production from high white clover content.
Barmix uses the best new cocksfoot and tall fescues, combined with Timothy and the top perennial ryegrasses for maximum production.
As a result, it produces considerably more grass than conventional ryegrass leys especially under low fertility conditions and low fertiliser usage.
Available with Ensign Duet.
- Barmix is the ultimate beef and sheep farmers grass ley. It has exceptional spring growth for lambing or early turnout, which can be followed by two cuts of high protein silage or continued grazing
- BALMORAL (cocksfoot), BAROLEX and BARIANE (tall fescues) are extremely productive varieties and also highly palatable due to their soft leaves
- Tall fescue is a winter active species and cocksfoot grows earlier in the spring than other species so Barmix ensures that vital early bite for lambing
- Tall fescues BAROLEX and BARIANE add excellent drought tolerance due to their deep rooted, persistent nature. They are also more tolerant of water logged soils
- The ryegrasses in the sward are highly productive, contributing to the total performance, with DRUMBO giving 102% of control varieties for autumn growth and early spring growth with SEAGOE at 107%